History and Information:
Troop 154 was established in 1942, and is recognized as one of the largest troops in the Erie Shores Council.
Troop 154 is honored to have helped many young men achieve the rank of Eagle Scout. As of 12/31/2014, there have been more than 45 Eagle Scouts from Troop 154 since 1990. Make sure to check The History of Eagles page, which documents more Eagle Scouts from the 1950's and onward.
In addition, Troop 154 is a Gold Level Quality Unit as recognized by the BSA National Headquarters. We have maintained this highest ranking continuously for many years!
Troop 154 strives to follow the model of the "Boy-led Troop". While the adult Scouters and Parents are available to guide and assist the Scouts, it is the Scouts themselves that run the weekly meetings, plan campouts and meals, run the Court of Honor ceremonies, head up service projects, etc.
Troop 154 participates in several fundraisers including: the annual BSA popcorn sale, operating a food booth at the Sylvania Fall Festival, parking cars at Metamora State Bank for summer events at Centennial Terrace, and working with Elite Endeavors to setup and staff the water stations during the Sylvania Triathlon.
About Troop 154:
BSA Troop 154 is chartered to Sylvania First United Methodist Church, 7000 Erie Street, Sylvania, OH 43560. (Scouts need not be affiliated with the church to join or participate).
Scout/Troop meetings are held every Monday evening (during the school year, Holidays excepted) from 7:00pm - 8:30pm in the basement of the church. Access the meeting area from the doors on the north side of the church and proceed through the gym to the doors to the basement. All are welcome to attend!